Re: Extra debian repository

Bas Wijnen <shevek@fmf.nl> writes:

> You should somehow sign your own archive and add your public key to
> apt's keyring (I'm guessing it's in /usr/share/keyrings or
> /usr/share/apt).  I haven't done anything like that though, but I
> suppose the internet can tell you a bit more. :-)

I recommend installing and using debarchiver.  I and various other people
have put a fair bit of work into getting it to use apt-ftparchive and
handle signed archives properly.  It still has some minor problems
creating the Contents files, but other than that, it does pretty much
everything properly except package pools.