Re: Extra debian repository

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 08:04:01PM +0200, Mugurel Tudor wrote:
> - the repository created is a trivial one (something like "deb
> http://server/dir1/dir2 dir3/"), and dir3 containes the packages
> involved and the Packages.gz (created with dpkg-scanpackages)

Hint: use apt-ftparchive.  It's a lot tidier.

> - apt-get fails ("my_meta_package requires 1.1 for abc, but 1.0 is about
> to be installed")
>
> If I do an "apt-cache show abc", than both packages are displayed,
> version 1.0 and 1.1cvs01012006.

Try manually installing abc, if necessary explicitly setting the version to
yours (so "apt-get install abc=1.1cvs01012006").  I'm willing to make a
small wager that it won't install, probably due to dependency problems or
conflicts (say, something else on your machine depends on abc (<< 1.1), or
your abc package depends on a newer library version, because it was built in
the wrong chroot).  Fix that and the problem magically goes away.

- Matt