mozilla extension installation - is not seen on some boxes

Dear Gurus,

I am a sponsored maintainer  of mozilla-imagezoom package. I just
upgraded it to the most recent upstream version so I could have it
working with the recent firefox. I believe I had similar problem before
but now I have it again: on some boxes (where I believe I used to
have it installed in my local account) it doesn't appear in the list of
extensions no matter what I do (including moving ~/.mozilla away to start
with fresh local settings). But it works nicely on some other boxes...

So what did I miss in my package?

In the debian/rules I do

dtmp = $(CURDIR)/debian/mozilla-imagezoom
extdir = $(dtmp)/usr/share/mozilla-extensions/imagezoom
uuid = 1A2D0EC4-75F5-4c91-89C4-3656F6E44B68
install:
        cp -rp chrome defaults $(extdir)
        install -m 644 debian/chrome.d debian/extensions.d install.rdf \
                $(extdir)
        install -m 644 debian/Uninstall $(extdir)/uninstall

and in debian/postinst
I do

if [ "$1" = configure ]; then
    for update in update-mozilla-chrome \
                  update-mozilla-snapshot-chrome \
                  update-mozilla-firefox-chrome \
                  update-mozilla-thunderbird-chrome; do
        if searchpath "$update"; then
            "$update"
        fi
    done
fi

Fresh version of the package will be duploaded by the sponsor as soon as
he gets my email, but for now I have it available from my local
repository if you are willing to have a look at it
http://itanix.rutgers.edu/rumba/dists/unstable/perspect/binary-all/web/mozilla-imagezoom_0.2.2-1_all.deb

Thank you in advance for the hints
--
                                  .-.