Re: RFS: kde-style-comix

On Tuesday 03 January 2006 02:38, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> I have this teeny weeny package called kde-style-comix, which gives a
> nice widget style and window decorations to your kde.
> It closes a one year old itp: #286205
>
> the package is located here:
> http://mirror.pusling.com/comix-rfs/
>
> and it is almost lintian clean. upstream provides CVS-dir, which lintian
> rightfully complains about.
>
> Any comments welcome - and perhaps a sponsorship ;)

I just took a look at the package. Allow me my usual rant^H^H^H^Hhelpful
comments:

* I don't yet like the long description. "I hope this adds a little
  more fun to your desktop..." is probably true but I'd like to read
  a more technical description like "A flat style for KDE..."
  "Thanks to..." does not really belong there. "Please read..." -
  well, the I assume everyone who is interested in the walks and
  talks of the package will look into /usr/share/doc/...
  Telling the user about bugs there is probably not inspiring
  confidence either. :)
  I see that you took that directly from the kde-look.org page.
  But perhaps this can be stripped down.
* Check the debian/docs files you install. A "NEWS" file which just
  contains "see README" is not very useful. The "README" is also
  useless because it tells the user how to install the package
  on non-Debian packages. One could argue about the "TODO" file...
* You have probably lintian-checked the package. There is a warning
  "W: kde-style-comix source: source-contains-CVS-dir admin/CVS".
  Although you can do little about it you should talk to the upstream
  author to not ship CVS directories.

That aspects aside I'd sponsor the package.

 Christoph
--
Never trust a system administrator who wears a tie and suit.