Re: new pkg: libcrypt-simple-per

On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 12:35:11AM +0100, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> Hi all!
> Today is the first day of the year, so I manage to create my first
> debian package...and it's still libcrypt-simple-perl...
>
> This is what I've done:
>
> 1. copied tar.gz to libcrypt-simple-perl-0.06.tar.gz
You either needed to specify the -f option to dh_make, as in dh_make
-f ../libcryp...tar.gz or to manually rename the pristine upstream
tarball to the proper .orig.tar.gz name, which this is not.

> 2. uncompressed it and rename dir to libcrypt-simple-perl-0.06
> 3. cd libcrypt-simple-perl-0.06
> 4. dh-make-perl
> I've used it since it creates a debian/rules for perl modules
> 5. debuild
>
> lintian returns this:
> W: libcrypt-simple-perl source: native-package-with-dash-version
debuild calls dpkg-buildpackage, which couldn't find the .orig.tar.gz,
because it wasn't called that, so it made it into a "native package",
with no .diff.gz, and a nonpristine "orig" tarball.

> And yes, I don't quite understand why, but it doesn't create
> .orig.tar.gz and diff.gz files! Not even dh_make create .orig.tar.gz
> but onlt a dir libcrypt-simple-perl-0.06.orig at the same level of
> libcrypt-simple-perl-0.06 .
That directory is used to create the .orig.tar.gz, though I don't
understand why dh_make doesn't make the .orig.tar.gz initially, but
instead creates that directory and lets dpkg-buildpackage do it.
Anyone know why?

--
Clear skies,
Justin