Re: #235790 RFP: jing -- A XML RelaxNG validator

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 15:50:54 +0200
"Eng. Mina Ramses" <mina.ramses@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm some bit confused, is
> Jing<http://sponsors.debian.net/viewpkg.php?id=99>packaged or is it
> requested to be packaged

It was requested to be packaged some time ago (Tue, 02 Mar 2004) but no
package materialised (it is still an RFP, not an ITP) so the RFP was
closed due to lack of interest by an automated script.

>, cause already i see a .deb
> package <http://www.uft.uni-bremen.de/chemie/ranke/debs/sarge-jr/>

That isn't an official Debian package, it's someone's personal
repository. (A bit like mine that contains demo packages which are
often broken or incomplete).

> At the same time I'm posting this message to its bug RFP that has been
> closed which mean as i think that no work is going on it until someone
> reopen the bug.

The RFP needs to be reopened if you are requesting the package to be
included into Debian.

If you want to package jing for Debian yourself, reopen the RFP and
retitle it as an ITP with all the usual details and then seek a sponsor
when you have a package prepared. There does not appear to have been
any upstream activity since 2003 so are you also willing to do all the
upstream work? (When upstream is dead, the Debian maintainer takes
responsibility for fixing upstream bugs.)

--

Neil Williams