Re: RFS: fvwm-icons -- XPMs icons from fvwm development site

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:

> Ricardo Mones <mones@aic.uniovi.es> writes:
>
> >   Well, just for being a bit nitpicker, it's not really lintian clean:
>
> > N: Processing binary package fvwm-icons (version 2001.08.13-5) ...
> > I: fvwm-icons: possible-non-posix-code-in-maintainer-script postinst:4
> > '[ -d /usr/doc -a -h /usr/doc/fvwm-icons -a ' N:
> > N:   This script is marked as running under /bin/sh, but it seems to use a
> > N:   shell feature that is not defined in the POSIX standard. The feature
> > N:   is so common in current shells that this isn't currently considered an
> > N:   release critical bug and there are discussion wether policy should be
> > N:   amended to specifically allow the use of the feature.
> > N:
> > N:   Examples:
> > N:    '-a' and '-o' as operators of 'test'. You can use shell conditionals
> > N:    (&& and ||) instead.
> > N:    'local' scoping of variables.
> > N:
> > N:   Refer to Policy Manual, section 10.4 for details.
>
> Note that, pending the current discussion in debian-devel and
> debian-policy, that warning is likely to go away fairly soon.

Oh no. Please leep it since it will make script more portable. It
would be best if lintian implemented --pedantic for this sort of thing
for us accustomed to use "-Wall --pedcantic" to make sure we "do the
right thing fromt eh beginning".

Jari