Re: look for similar source package (kernel module)

On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 09:57:57PM +0100, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Marco Amadori wrote:
> > This seems to be against DFSG n# 8. License Must Not Be Specific to Debian [0]
>
> You're absolutely right.. for main, but not for non-free.

This is a matter for -legal, but anyway.

No, he's not right.  The problem is that it violates DFSG #1, "Free
Redistribution", in particular "The license of a Debian component may not
restrict any party from selling or giving away the software"

So, indeed, this is not suitable for main, but not because of DFSG #8.  The
license given here was not given "for Debian" (AIUI), but it is too
restrictive for main, so it's not actually relevant. :-)

Thanks,
Bas

For more information, see http://pcbcn10.phys.rug.nl/e-mail.html