Re: Modifying upstream source

On Sunday, October 22, 2006 3:34 am, Martin Kelly wrote:

> I have a question about modifying the upstream source of a package
> for debianization.

  options mentioned deleted.

> Which of these should I do in order to comply with standards and
> good practice?

   There are also the dpatch and similar solutions practice.
They let you patch the upstream source in a way which makes it
clear what are Debian's specific patches. It also can ease  the
maintanence done by the maintainer.
  Not sure if they are applicable, or feasible, in your case.