Re: RFS: exaile

[ François Févotte ]
> Dear mentors,
>
> I fixed some issues in my exaile package and uploaded a new, cleaner
> version:
> * fixed Amarok spelling issue
> * fixed copyright issues
> * used dpatch to modify sources (instead of direct modification of the
> sources)
> * used python-support to simplify python dependencies
>
> The package is lintian clean and has been tested using pbuilder.

> main contrib non-free
> - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/e/exaile/exaile_0.2.4-1.dsc
>
> I would be glad if someone could help me improving the package quality
> or upload it on my behalf.

Hello François,

In exaile-0.2.4/debs there is a binary debian package of python-gpod. At
a minimum it's cruft, at worst it's a DFSG violation since we don't have
the corresponding source. This should be removed.

Exaile upstream seems to ship a complete copy of mutagen, the same
version in fact found in the python-mutagen package in sid. This kind of
duplication is a Bad Idea, not least of which because of the work it
imposes on the security team if a vulnerability is discovered in
mutagen. Exaile should depend on python-mutagen instead.

Also, a minor point, but you should remove all of the unneeded dh-make
cruft from debian/rules.

If you can address these points then I'll sponsor you.

--
Eric Evans
eevans@sym-link.com