Re: When is it "official" that a license has changed?

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006, Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso wrote:
> After sending emails around and waiting patiently, I have convinced
> the authors of two problematic packages in Singular (bug #383515) to
> adopt the GPL. I have emails of those confirmations.
>
> Is this enough, or should I wait until they modify the upstream
> sources and change the license information at the top of each source
> file?

If you can wait, that's ideal, but so long as they've sent some sort
of message which obviously originated from the copyright holder
(signed, or something else) you're good to go. Just make sure you
include the messages in debian/copyright if the new license differs
from what the actual source files say.

Don Armstrong

--
Q: What Can a Thoughtful Man Hope for Mankind on Earth, Given the
Experience of the Past Million Years?