Re: RFS: libvrb -- Virtual Ring Buffer library

On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 01:10:32AM +0200, Székelyi Szabolcs wrote:
> James Westby wrote:
>
> >   * Do you need Replaces: libvrb-dev as well?
>
> I have seen similar (ie. development) packages with and others without
> this. Do I?

If you want to support upgrading for users who use you previous
unofficial package, and libvrb0-dev ships the same files as libvrb-dev,
then yes, you need Replaces: (and probably also Conflicts:) libvrb-dev.

I am also curious why did you change the name of the development library
package in the first place.  I know the naming of -dev packages is a
very controversial topic, so I want to hear your (and other people's)
opinion.

Ming
2006.10.05