Re: How do you include orig with pbuilder?

Le Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 04:51:21PM -0600, Joseph Smidt a écrit :
> I usually just build packages in unstable, but I am trying to learn pbuilder.
> I need to build a package and include the original source in the upload.  With
> dpkg-buildpackage I just pass in -sa to do this.  How do I do it with
> pbuilder?

Dear Joseph,

When you build a source package it produces the following files:

- A .orig.tar.gz file: the upstream sources.
- A .diff.gz file: your modifications to it (including the debian
  directory)
- A .dsc file which gives the md5 sums of the previously mentinned
  files.

Most programs assume that those three are all in the same directory. If
you give the .dsc to pbuilder, it will check that the md5 sums are
matching, and start to build.

Actually, other files are frequently produced:

 - A .deb binary package.
 - A .changes file, which is a bit similar to the .dsc file, but fits
   better the needs of package uploading (for instance, it contains an
   extract of the changelog).

You do not need then with pbuilder, dget, dpkg-source, and probably
other programs whose purpose is not to upload new packages to a
repository.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy