Re: Reassigning Bugs

On Monday 25 September 2006 16:19, Benjamin Mesing wrote:
> Hello
>
> > > Options I have thought about, but found not to be optimal:
> > >       * File a bug report against apt-file, and block the bug against
> > >         packagesearch by the new one - close the bug against
> > >         packagesaerch as soon as the bug in apt-file is closed. This
> > >         option does not reflect reality: I could not specify the
> > > version of packagesearch this bug is closed in. Besides it requires me
> > > to notice when the bug in apt-file is closed.
> > >       * File a bug report against apt-file, (force)-merge the bug in
> > >         packagesearch with that one. Again this is not a truthful
> > >         reflection of reality, but might be a way to go.
> > >
> > > Any help is appreciated!
> >
> > You are probably looking for the 'clone' [1].
> >
> > clone 12345 -1
> > reassign -1 apt-file
> > retitle -1 apt-file: known to break packagesearch ...
> > thanks
>
> However, the bugs live seperated from each other after cloning. So this
> seems to be more convenient way of doing option 1 (without the blocking
> thing), right?

Right. This in fact is one and the same bug, but cloned, showing in
packagesearch and apt-file bug records. When it gets closed it does that for
both packages. FWIW, you are not blocked to resolve that bug in packagesearch
by that apt-file bug (this is simply not a packagesearch bug), and you don't
need to specify in which version of packagesearch this bug is fixed, since
the bug is clearly an apt-file's bug.

If you use a simple reassing the bug will not be shown for packagesearch, but
apt-file only. But IIRC you want it to be shown for both packages.

fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB