Re: Sponsor request for hunspell-uz

On Tuesday 19 September 2006 03:44, James Westby wrote:

> Hi, I can't sponsor as I am not a DD, but I have some comments,
>
>   * I don't think the package should be Debian native.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Could you please explain what you
mean?

>   * The debian/copyright file needs to include an actual license header
>     from the package, but there are none. Could you ask the upstream
>     author to add copyright statements and license headers to his files?

Fixed.

>   * There is also an aspell in the package, is it capable of creating an
>     dictionary for aspell. If so do you not want to package that as
>     well?

There is an aspell-uz package for Debian which is made out of tarball author
of Aspell distributes through ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/dict

In fact, I'm an author of uzbek-wordlist, but I don't distribute tarball for
Aspell dictionary. However, for the next release I plan to package aspell-uz
from the uzbek-wordlist tarball.

Mashrab.
--
Mashrab Kuvatov