Re: RFS: transmission

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 18:45:59 +0100
James Westby <jw+debian@jameswestby.net> wrote:

> On (12/09/06 01:03), Philipp Benner wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I need a sponsor for this package:
> >
> > * Package name    : transmission
>
> > There already is an ITP posted 170 days ago, but no one is responding.
>
> I wouldn't say that noone is responding. It is a little slow, but it
> seems like there is work being done.
>
> Have you contacted the people in the report? If you wish to take over
> you should really contact them and then either with their permission, or
> after some time with no response, take over the ITP.

I tried to contact Leo Antunes because he seems to be responsible for
uploading the package but didn't get a response. Although no one
responds to the question of Joshua Kwan which he posted a month ago.

> > I don't think that the mentioned license problems are relevant. This
> > package includes some source files with different licenses but all are
> > free. (See the copyright file for details)
>
> If the information there is accurate then it looks OK to me, but I am
> definately not an expert.
>
> However I can't see a license for the Sparkle stuff for instance.

You are right, but since this Sparkle stuff is not interesting for debian
I just deleted it in the source package.

> You also assert copyright of the Debian packaging, does this mean it is
> not based on the other packages of the software?

I repackaged transmission since the other packages are not up to date and
had some errors.

Regards,

Philipp Benner

--
pub 1024D/EB88E930 2004-02-08 pgp.mit.edu
C1A8 2BE8 7587 215D 91EB  B015 A95C 3BEC EB88 E930