Re: RFS: transmission

On (12/09/06 01:03), Philipp Benner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need a sponsor for this package:
>
> * Package name    : transmission

> There already is an ITP posted 170 days ago, but no one is responding.

I wouldn't say that noone is responding. It is a little slow, but it
seems like there is work being done.

Have you contacted the people in the report? If you wish to take over
you should really contact them and then either with their permission, or
after some time with no response, take over the ITP.

Are your packages based on those mentioned in the bug report?

> I don't think that the mentioned license problems are relevant. This
> package includes some source files with different licenses but all are
> free. (See the copyright file for details)

If the information there is accurate then it looks OK to me, but I am
definately not an expert.

However I can't see a license for the Sparkle stuff for instance.

Also you are missing all copyright information for the files.

You also assert copyright of the Debian packaging, does this mean it is
not based on the other packages of the software? You also chose GPL v2,
when that is not one of the many licenses in use. There's no problem
with that, but I like to use licenses that are in keeping with the
spirit of the package itself.

As for getting a sponsor. I can't do it as I'm not a DD, and I'm not
sure whether another DD would do it if you haven't talked to the other
interested people. I think your best bet would be one of the two DDs
that have already expressed an interest in the package.

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256