RFS: isomd5sum (formerly anaconda)

Greetings James,

Thank you for the recommendations.

On 9/13/06, James Westby <jw+debian@jameswestby.net> wrote:

  * Your debian/copyright needs more work, see
    http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/03/msg00023.html

debian/copyright brought up to standard, more on that below...

  * debian/dirs is redundant here.

Removed.

  * Consider using a python framework for managing the byte compilation,
    either python-support or python-central.

pyisomd5sum is a .so extension, not a .py module, so byte compilation
is not necessary/possible.

--

As I was looking into correcting the debian/copyright file, I noticed
that the Anaconda package's files had over 100 different Copyright

Because of this, the source package name has changed from anaconda to
isomd5sum.  Additionally, I have bumped the version from 11.1.0.50 to
11.1.0.95 (the latest Anaconda release; in reality, nothing in the
isomd5sum directory changed between those versions).  Oh, and an added
benefit is the source tarball size dropped from 5.5MB to 19KB as a
result.  So...

--

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "isomd5sum".

* Package name    : isomd5sum
 Version         : 11.1.0.95-1
 Upstream Author : Red Hat, Inc.
* URL             : http://www.finnie.org/software/isomd5sum/
* License         : GPLv2
 Section         : misc

It builds these binary packages:
isomd5sum  - ISO9660 checksum utilities
python-pyisomd5sum - ISO9660 checksum Python module

The package is lintian clean.

The upload would fix these bugs: 376187

main contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/i/isomd5sum/isomd5sum_11.1.0.95-1.dsc