Re: RFS: anaconda

Hi Ryan:

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Ryan Finnie wrote:

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "anaconda".

* Package name    : anaconda
Version         : 11.1.0.50-1
Upstream Author : Jeremy Katz <katzj@redhat.com>
* URL             : http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/anaconda-installer/
* License         : GPLv2
Section         : misc

It builds these binary packages:
isomd5sum  - ISO9660 checksum utilities
python2.3-isomd5sum - ISO9660 checksum Python module
python2.4-isomd5sum - ISO9660 checksum Python module

I noticed that you first filed the ITP in June. Since then, we have had a python transition to 2.4 and there is a new standard for python packaging. Th python2.X-package type packages are no longer the norm. You will need to convert your package to either python-central or python-support.

Please see the new python policy

http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/python-policy/

and examples of how to do it:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianPython/NewPolicy