Re: RFS: jlha-utils -- command-line lzh archiver written in Java

On (05/09/06 23:27), Ying-Chun Liu (PaulLiu) wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "jlha-utils".

I have a few comments on the package. Please note that I cannot upload
the package for you.

  * Please add a full stop to the Initial release line of you
    debian/changelog.
  * See http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch-best-pkging-practices.en.html#s-bpp-upstream-info
    for the suggested way to format the Homepage pseudo-field of
    debian/control. Obviously it is only suggested, but I would suggest
    you follow the convention unless you have a specific reason not to.
  * You could add a sentence to the Description descibing what lzh files
    are, or when the user might need to decompress them.
  * Your debian/copyright needs two changes.
    - The Copyright: line needs the date as well. This then makes the
      Copyright line of the License section redundant.
    - You should provide a statement about the copyright of the debian
      packaging. See
      http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/03/msg00023.html
      for an example.
  * It seems like docbook-to-man can also be Build-Depends-Indep.
  * Should you mention what functionality is missing from this
    implementation? Should this also be mentioned in the Description?
  * You Conflict with lha, and then try and set up an alternative for
    lha. Is this really what you intend? I can see why it might be done,
    but I would like to know that you have chosen this route for the
    right reasons.

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256