Re: RFS: lisaac

Le Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 10:24:47AM +0200, picca@synchrotron-soleil.fr a écrit :

> do you have a documentation explaining how to set up a patch-system like dpatch

Dear Frédéric,

I wrote the following paragraphs in a never released web page:

The patches are stored in the debian/patches directory. It contains a
special file, 00list which lists the patches to apply. The following
instruction generates a patch and formats it for dpatch: diff -u
source-tree-original/the-file source-tree/the-file | dpatch
patch-template -p "number_short_desctiption" "What the patch is doing" >
path/to/debian/patches/number_short_desctiption.dpatch.

Try to apply / deapply your patches with the following commands: dpatch
apply-all and dpatch deapply-all (to be run from the sources directory,
not the debian one). Try them on cleaned sources as well. If it works
without errors, you can modify the debian/rules makefile as indicated in
the dpatch manpage.

PS: to be 100% bulletproof, I usually mention copyright and licence in
the patch. I usually pick "public domain" for trivial patches, and the
program's licence for patches which are to be submitted upstream.

Bonne journée,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org