Re: RFS: lopster (updated package)

Hi Christoph,
thanks for the interest... :)

On Sat, Sep 02, 2006 at 07:54:05PM +0200, Christoph Haas wrote:

> Also strange that I can't find an entry in my KDE start menu. I had
> expected it under Debian->Applications->Network but it's not there.
> Perhaps not your fault. But as I'm at it already: consider providing a
> *.desktop file so it will show in e.g. KDE, too, in the proper location.

ok, I have added the lopster.desktop file and the lopster.xpm icon.
hoping it's ok... :)

> One little issue keeps me from sponsoring the package instantly : the
> debian/copyright claims "This software is copyright (c) 2000-2003 by
> Markus Lausser." Shouldn't that be 2006 somehow? I ran "fgrep -ri
> copyright *" and found at six files being at least copyrighted 2000-2004.
> IANAL though. Perhaps the upstream forgot to update that?

the author has finished the development of version 1 with the release of
version 1.2.2 in august 2004.
now he's working on a new version called lopster II based on gtk+-2.x.
I think this is the reason of the incoherence in copyright files.
I do not know how to behave, must I update the Debian/Copyright file to
2004 or to 2006?

francesco

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/lopster/lopster_1.2.2-1.dsc

PS
I hope not to have done too many mistakes with my ugly English... :)

--
Francesco Namuri <franam@hierax.net>
http://www.namuri.it/