Re: RFS: cscope (updated package)

On 2006-09-02 at 10:21:09 +0200, Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org> wrote:
> Tobias Klauser wrote:
> > Please let me know if I missed something or did anything wrong, this is
> > my first try submitting a package for inclusion in Debian.
>
> * do not remove autotools-dev build-dependency, it is used to update
> config.{sub,guess} in clean:

OK

> * do not "beautify" previous changelog entries.

I didn't change anything to them on purpose.

> * do explain (in the changelog) why you want to remove automake1.7 from
> the build-depends.

OK

> * why are you claiming all copyright for the debian/* files, although
> you're just modifying a few of them? the 'debian packaging is
> copyrighted by' should be done only when doing new packages, or
> repackaging existing packages from scratch.

Removed the notice from debian/copyright

> * watch files are pretty useless when you using scm snapshots; besides,
> how about a newer snapshot anyway?

I was not sure about this one. My idea was to make an upload with as few
changes as possible and change to a new CVS snapshot later on. What
would you do?

The watch file was there for possible future upstream releases, but
these don't seem to happen very often. Removed.

> * instead of importing the patch directly into the diff.gz and having it
> broken out in debian/patches, you should use dpatch (or similar patch
> management).

I noticed this one too. I'll use dpatch for that.

Now if I prepare a new package would I make that -4 and leave the
changelog entry for -3 as is or should I adjust it according to the
additional changes I made now?

Thanks, Tobias

--
  .''`.     Tobias Klauser - Debian enthusiast
 : :'  :    <tklauser@access.unizh.ch>