Re: Huge private Debian repository...

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:24:08 +0200
"Andreas Fester" <Andreas.Fester@gmx.de> wrote:

> Antonio Ospite wrote:
> [...]
> > debpool is also a handy alternative for a private repository:
> >
> > http://packages.debian.org/experimental/devel/debpool
> >
> > with some improvement debpool can be _the_ debian repository
> > manager for mortals :)
>
> I made some improvements to debpool (not forwarded to "upstream" yet),
> see http://littletux.homelinux.org/debian/pool/main/d/debpool/
>
> Among them are FAM support for a more responsive incoming queue
> and support for multi arch repositories (especially handy for
> i386/amd64).
>
> Things on my todolist are alignment with 0.2.3, optional GAMIN-support
> instead of FAM and discussing my modifications with the original
> author ;-)

Well, since debpool wants to keep dependencies at minimum I do not know
if upstream author will accept your FAM support, let's try.

As for multi arch repository I think it is a really good thing.

Other features I miss from debpool are:
 - minimal pool tree (patch in BTS)
 - use of gpg-agent instead of keeping passphrase on fs (patch in BTS)
 - a command to delete packages from the repository
   (e.g.: debpool -d package_name)

With those little changes it will be perfect for me :)

Bye,
   Antonio.

--
  Web site: http://www.studenti.unina.it/~ospite