Re: Please tell if you found a sponsor

On Sat, Aug 26, 2006 at 06:59:39PM +0200, Christoph Haas wrote:
>Dear package maintainers...
>
>a sponsor of Debian packages today sent an email to the mentors.debian.net
>support email address and I would like to forward the suggestion here.
>Please tell us if you found a sponsor. I often found myself downloading
>and testing packages from mentors.debian.net and found out too late that
>someone else already sponsored the upload.

This is what I do before a package review:

. pick a RFS message from the mailing list
. read the ITP/ITA
. search messages with the package name as a keyword in my mail archive
. check what's the last version of the package in the debian archive
. check what's is in NEW
. if nobody intends to sponsor the package, I reply to the RFS

See http://merkel.debian.org/~myon/sponsorstats/

>So it is more likely that a package gets looked at by multiple
>sponsors. And all but one may be disappointed. So if you asked here on the
>mailing list please send a followup if a sponsor uploaded your package.
>Same for other channels where you asked for sponsorship (IRC,
>sponsors.debian.net, ...).

Maybe you could setup something similar to the yelow comments at:

http://bts.turmzimmer.net/details.php

Or we could use something like "claim an ITP/ITA bug using usertags",
see:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2005/09/msg00138.html

>If your package was uploaded to mentors.debian.net please remove the
>package immediately after you have successfully been sponsored. We already
>plan to detect uploads automatically and tag a package "sponsored". But
>that's not yet done. So please keep your requests up to date. Thanks.

>Cheers
> Christoph
>
>P.S.: I will try to change the subject of RFS here to "[uploaded]" if I
>      sponsor an upload. So others can see a package has been dealt with.
>      Perhaps others can do that, too, so we can see which packages still
>      need sponsorship at a glance.
>--
>~
>~
>".signature" [Modified] 1 line --100%--                1,48         All

Best Regards,

Aníbal Monsalve Salazar
--
http://v7w.com/anibal