Re: RFS: tstat

On 8/23/06, Bruce Sass <bmsass@shaw.ca> wrote:
On Mon August 21 2006 17:37, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Last week-end I was told by a DD that the 4-clause BSD licence was
> non-free... Do you have any link in the archives which proves the
> contrary? This is very interesting for me as I am interested in
> bringing to Debian an unofficial package whose software is under this
> licence...

How a bout a link that reveals the offending clause to be cruft...

ftp://ftp.cs.berkeley.edu/pub/4bsd/README.Impt.License.Change

...so, it looks like you can simply delete the advertising clause or
include a note and the above link to render it ineffective..

That license change only covers BSD itself and has absolutely no
effect on this license.

- Bruce

Andrew Donnellan
http://andrewdonnellan.com