Re: RFS: queuegraph

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 05:55:34AM IST, Paul Wise
<pabs3@bonedaddy.net> incoherently babbled:

> There are some more problems with the package:
>
>       * you seem to misunderstand postinst - postinst is run when users
>         *install* the package onto their systems. also, please think
>         about if you need to remove the rrd database on package purge. I
>         suggest you read these:

Indeed I had.

I studied the postinst and postrm script formats from bindgraph, a
package I'm occasionally using for reference, given it's similar nature
to queuegraph.

>       * debian/control: please make the homepage comply with devref
>         6.2.4 until we get a real Homepage field:

Doh!

>       * debian/rules: Please chmod/chown the installed versions rather
>         than the ones in the package. Please run dh_install in the
>         install target.

I've moved the chmod/chown stuff to the postinst script

> 			 Please remove dh_strip/dh_shlibdeps lines and
>         uncomment dh_testdir. Please comment out DH_VERBOSE.

It's nice and minimalistic now. :)

>       * lintian/linda complain. I suggest you place these lines in your
>         ~/.devscripts file so lintian and linda are run on every package
>         build:

> export DEBUILD_DPKG_BUILDPACKAGE_OPTS="-us -uc -i -ICVS -I.svn"

I tried this, but decided to ignore it, mainly because my SCM doesn't
store metadata in the working directory. I also prefer to be prompted
by gpg,

> export DEBUILD_LINDA=yes
> export DEBUILD_LINTIAN_OPTS=-i
> export DEBUILD_LINDA_OPTS="-i -s"

These are very handy. Thanks

>       * lintian/linda errors that need fixing:
>
> E: queuegraph source: debian-rules-missing-required-target binary-arch
> E: queuegraph source: debian-rules-missing-required-target build
> W: queuegraph source: maintainer-script-lacks-debhelper-token debian/postinst
> W: queuegraph: old-fsf-address-in-copyright-file
> W: queuegraph; File /usr/lib/queuegraph/count.sh contained in /usr/lib of Architecture: all package.
> W: queuegraph; Maintainer script postinst uses debhelper, but does not use #DEBHELPER#.

All fixed.

Further dissection and comments welcome

--

Conall O'Brien

+353 (0)1 6535148 | sip:31313@blueface.ie

http://www.conall.net

Normal is just a cycle on the washing machine.