Re: RFS: queuegraph

On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 12:27 +0100, Conall O'Brien wrote:

> - dget
>   http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/q/queuegraph/queuegraph_1.1.0-1.dsc

There is a strange error in your diff.gz:

$ dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/q/queuegraph/queuegraph_1.1.0-1.dsc
<snip>
dpkg-source: extracting queuegraph in queuegraph-1.1.0
dpkg-source: unpacking queuegraph_1.1.0.orig.tar.gz
dpkg-source: applying ./queuegraph_1.1.0-1.diff.gz
missing header for unified diff at line 3 of patch
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|--- queuegraph-1.1.0.orig/
|+++ queuegraph-1.1.0/
--------------------------
No file to patch.  Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored
dpkg-source: failure: patch gave error exit status 1

Apart from that:

      * debian/control: The latest Standards-Version is 3.7.2, please
        read upgrading-checklist.txt and make any changes necessary.
      * debian/control: hmm, should mailgraph go in suggests?
      * debian/control: there are no ELF binaries linking to librrd0,
        why is it in depends? Also, librrd seems to be called librrd2
        not librrd0 these days. dh_shlibdeps is the correct way to
        generate depends on C libraries.
      * debian/control: until the Homepage field is created and
        supported by the various frontends or DWTT[1] is in use, perhaps
        you could add the upstream homepage to the description as
        specified in the developers reference?
      * debian/copyright: remove blank line at the end
      * debian/copyright: you missed the copyright (or public domain
        statement) on your debian packaging
      * debian/rules: IIRC, dh_clean takes care of removing the
        temporary directory used for the package root, no need to rm -rf
        them too
      * debian/rules: use dh_install to install the files?
      * debian/rules: the rrd database should be created at install time
        (in the postinst), shouldn't it? You don't want to overwrite the
        database every time you upgrade or reinstall the package.
      * Perhaps you could rewrite the patches so that they can be sent
        upstream. I'm thinking either commandline arguments or a
        configuration file, or a ./configure script that inserts values
        into the cgi script and installs the results. Something so that
        every distro doesn't have to patch queuegraph to make it useful.

     1. http://wiki.debian.org/DWTT

--
bye,
pabs