Re: How to write a good manpage ?

Hi Marco,

* Marco Bertorello <marco@bertorello.ns0.it> [2006-08-17 14:44]:
> I always used help2man to generate a manpage for those packages that
> hasn't one.
>
> But now, I'm working on a package that has a non useful help output:
>
> $ gcstar --help
> Usage: /usr/bin/gcstar [[-u|--update [-a|--all] [-c|--collection]
> [-w|--website] [-i|--import] [-e|--export] [-l|--lang]] | [FILE]]
>
> How can I write a manpage good for debian?

For example look at the manpage from the hello package. It
is a good base and you just have to customize it with your
command line switches. Then just put a simple description of
the command, adapt the rest to fit your needs and thats it.
You can drop the REPORTING BUGS section since we have
reportbug.
Maybe look at http://www.schweikhardt.net/man_page_howto.html
Kind regards
Nico