Re: RFC / RFS: furl_2.1-1

On (11/08/06 16:03), Marco Bertorello wrote:
> Sure, but I prefer have some comments before open the ITP. I'll open
> ITP soon :)

You should open the ITP early, but it doesn't matter too much.
> >   * You should add an actual license header to debian/copyright. See
> >     http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/03/msg00023.html
>
> I don't understand :-(
>
> copyright file must have:
>
>  - The author(s) name
>  - The year(s) of the copyright
>  - The used license(s)
>  - The URL to the upstream source
>
> and my copyrigth has:
>
> Upstream Author: Kidney Bingos <chris@bingosnet.co.uk>
> Copyright: Copyright (C) 1999 BingosNET Produktions Ltd
> License: GPL V2 (or later)
> It was downloaded from
> http://freshmeat.net/redir/furl/50660/url_homepage/furl.html
>
> what's wrong?

Look again at the example in the URL I posted, you need something like,

/*
 * furl
 * Copyright (C) 1999 BingosNET Produktions Ltd
 * Written by Kidney Bingos aka Chris Williams
 * <chris@kidney-bingos.demon.co.uk>
 *
 * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
 * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
 * the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
 * (at your option) any later version.
 *
 * MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
 *
 * along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
 * Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.
*/

in there as well.

> >   * debian/furl.1 says furl [OPTIONS] [URL] [filename], but doesn't
> > say what filename is for, and furl http://www.google.com/ temp shows
> > the usage text (though the usage text also shows this syntax)
>
> hmmm... maybe this is an upstream bug ?
> debian/furl.1 is generated by help2man (that's read the output of --help
> switch).
> If it's, I'll notice the upstream about this (and fix the manpage).

Ok, it looks like a bug, or certainly lack of documentation if you are
able to specify a file for some pupose, it would be good if you could
fix it.

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256