Re: RFC / RFS: furl_2.1-1

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 14:15:59 +0100
James Westby <jw+debian@jameswestby.net> wrote:

> On (11/08/06 12:26), Marco Bertorello wrote:
> > Hi Mentors,
> >
> > I'm looking for comment (and possibly a sponsor) about my package
> > "furl":
>
> First, the packaging looks very good overall.

Hi James,

> A few small points:
>
>   * debian/changelog: you should close an ITP bug with the upload. See
>     http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/ for instructions on reporting
> the ITP. The add (Closes: #xxxxx) to the line in the changelog, where
>     xxxxx is the bug number you get assigned.

Sure, but I prefer have some comments before open the ITP. I'll open
ITP soon :)

>     (To everyone else on the list, is X-Debbugs-CC:
>     debian-devel@lists.debian.org added automatically? I haven't filed
>     on myself, but it seems like they all go to the list, and I'm sure
>     that not everyone manually adds this.)
>
>   * The description could be longer, but I'm not sure there's too much
>     more youcould say. Perhaps add that it can impersonate IE or
>     Mozilla, and that the request can be specified.

Yes, I've not much to write in description, but your idea is good!

>   * You should add an actual license header to debian/copyright. See
>     http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/03/msg00023.html

I don't understand :-(

copyright file must have:

 - The author(s) name
 - The year(s) of the copyright
 - The used license(s)
 - The URL to the upstream source

and my copyrigth has:

Upstream Author: Kidney Bingos <chris@bingosnet.co.uk>
Copyright: Copyright (C) 1999 BingosNET Produktions Ltd
License: GPL V2 (or later)
It was downloaded from
http://freshmeat.net/redir/furl/50660/url_homepage/furl.html

what's wrong?

>   * debian/rules: You don't need dh_installexamples, also some people
>     don't like commented dh_ calls.

Sure, I've forget delete commented entries and remove unused dh_
stuff :-( I'll fix them soon

>   * debian/furl.1 says furl [OPTIONS] [URL] [filename], but doesn't
> say what filename is for, and furl http://www.google.com/ temp shows
> the usage text (though the usage text also shows this syntax)

hmmm... maybe this is an upstream bug ?
debian/furl.1 is generated by help2man (that's read the output of --help
switch).
If it's, I'll notice the upstream about this (and fix the manpage).

> > Thanks a lot for your attention and sorry for my english ;-)
> >

> I see nothing wrong with your English. Thanks for packaging this, I
> will certainly be using it. Unfortunately I can't upload it myself.

no problem, thanks a lot for your help

bye,

--
Marco Bertorello