Re: plea to sponsees about announcing location of packages

On Tuesday 25 July 2006 13:16, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> Matthew Palmer написа:
> > On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 10:46:47AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> >> Matthew, could we please add this to the FAQ?
> >
> > It shall be done.  I'll also note about dget (which is a little-known
> > tool, I think).
>
> It would be good if this is used in mendors.d.n-generated RFS
> templates. (Christof Haas CC-ed).

Too late. Already done. :)

> And being on the whishlist line, May long description be included in
> the RFS templates too?

I'm open to suggestions. The importer that processes uploaded packages just
takes into account the *.dsc and *.changes files AFAIK. None of them
contain the one-line description of the package. I had to take the diff.gz
(unless it's a native package) and extract the debian/control and parse
it. Or perhaps "dpkg-source -x ...dsc" and then access
$PKG/debian/control. Hmmm. Ideas?

Up to now I was too lazy to do that. But I understand that the description
line is important.

 Christoph
--
~