Re: RFS: id3ren

On Sun, 2006-07-23 at 23:03 +0300, Matti Pöllä wrote:
> Hello mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for a new version 1.1b0-2 of the package
> "id3ren". I've been in contact with the previous maintainer, Michael
> Ivey, who supports me as the new maintainer but doesn't have the time
> to sponsor the upload.

It may be better to let this package just die. It has not been really
updated in five years (it looks like the only reason it got any
attention was the /usr/doc transition had to be dealt with anyway, and
upstream is inactive), it doesn't support ID3v2, it has major bugs
(#369260), it's not locale-aware. mp3rename and lltag do the same thing,
and many graphical tools do it better.

If you have a pressing need for its particular command line syntax, it
looks very easy to wrap around an existing, better library.
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>