Re: use of xvfb-run in pbuilder builds

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, Rene Engelhard wrote:

Am Montag, 3. Juli 2006 23:33 schrieb Justin Pryzby:
On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 02:43:50PM -0500, Carlo Segre wrote:

I am trying to use xvfb-run to permit pbuilder to build some packages
which need to connect to X.
If you're aiming to get the package uploaded, this isn't allowed.  You
can't assume an X11 environment, or a network connection, or any such
thing.

That's exactly why you use xvfb-run in this case because it provides a virtual one.

No "normal" X required.

This *is* allowed per policy; I don't see where it is not and for that matter I know some packages which need(ed) that...

Can you point me to one of them? I am afraid that my pbuilder environment is set up incorrectly because I cannot get it to work with xvfb-run. I would like to test build a package which has been shown to work this way.

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Illinois Institute of Technology