Re: RFS: qrfcview -- viewer for IETF RFCs

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 02:27:19PM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> Frederic Lehobey wrote:
> > * License         : GPL
> > doc-rfc: if you have installed this package (in non-free) you might
> > want to take advantage of the locally installed RFCs.
>
> Could you explain that bit about non-free ?

Yes.  It seems my comment (I have put in the README.Debian) should be
made clearer.  I will reword it a bit.

> Is this a rewrite under a new licence?
> Is there non-free data required? (-> contrib, not main).
> Is there something about your package that means it's only usable with
> non-free packages?

No. No. No.   :-)

The package does not need any non-free bits to work.  But it has been
suggested to take advantage of the (non-free) doc-rfc package when
installed (see
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=378587).
Unfortunately it is not that useful yet.

On the other hand, this software deals essentially with non DFSG
content (the RFCs).  But I do not think it is enough to make it go
into contrib (it could work identically on any DFSG RFCs too or other
similar texts).

Thanks for your interest,
Frédéric Lehobey