Re: s390 build box?

Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@ftbfs.de> wrote:
> > but it also seems like a waste of time to upload it if it just has more
> > problems under the s390 arch. Should I continue attempting to find an s390
> > box, is there something somebody out there can do to help, or should I just
> > have my new packages uploaded and hope for the best?
>
> apt-get install hercules.
>
> and then:
> http://kitenet.net/~joey/blog/entry/giving_s_390_a_try.html

	Thanks, those instructions got me most of the way through an install
-- right to the point of partitioning disks. Apparently the virtual disk i
created wasn't recognized by the kernel... dmesg says:

dasd: Registered successfully to major no 94
dasd(eckd): ECKD discipline initializing
dasd(eckd): We are interested in: CU 3880/00
dasd(eckd): We are interested in: CU 3990/00
dasd(eckd): We are interested in: CU 2105/00
dasd(eckd): We are interested in: CU 9343/00
dasd: Registered ECKD discipline successfully
dasd(fba): FBA  discipline initializing
dasd(fba): We are interested in: Dev 9336/00 @ CU 6310/00
dasd(fba): We are interested in: Dev 3370/00 @ CU 3880/00
dasd: Registered FBA discipline successfully
dasd: initialization finished

	.... a /dev/dasd directory exists, but there's no device nodes in
it.

	I'll screw with this more tomorrow or thursday.

	Thanks,
		Tyler