Re: s390 build box?

Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> wrote:
>   http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?&pkg=mod-bt
>
> You'll see that it failed in five more architectures (mips powerpc sparc
> hppa m68k). In this case in particular, seems like all the big endian
> ones. :-)

	Aaahh.... very useful page, thanks :)

> My opinion: not very long, unless it's a very very big package, and
> provided you have certain assurance that the fix will work (IOW, not
> just "ok, let's try this and see if it works"). I think this bug is one
> of those where one can get to the "fairly confident it'll work" stage.
>
> (OTOH, your solution seems a bit fragile for a source package that wants
> to get compiled with -Werror. The two apache2 and php5 files that define
> WORDS_BIGENDIAN, also share 23 other macro definitions; as it happens,
> to the same value, which does not trigger an error. But that's up to
> you, I guess.)

	Fair enough... any ideas on how I could handle this better, given
that the whole point of php_mod_bt is to link stuff existing in the php and
apache2 libraries together with mod_bt? :)

> > number"... which seems to imply that it's not a *true* staging area,
> > since I can't promote a package that's byte-for-byte the same.
>
> Right, not byte for byte, since an extra changelog entry is needed (*).
> Who said it was an staging area, anyway? It's an extra distribution,
> just an incomplete one.

	This page calls it a "temporary staging area":

	http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-resources#s-experimental

> HTH,

	*very* helpful, thank you. I'm going to research those URLs you sent
me as soon as I get a chance.

		- Tyler