Creating a Debian Package for a Java program...

Are there any special considerations or instructions for building a
Debian package for a Java program?

I'm going to need to create some Debs for the Java programs I write. I
was looking over some of the documentation about making Debian
packages, and it seems like some of the instructions wouldn't apply to
Java programs. (Like the ones about make files for example.)

Thanks for any information.

Scott Huey

P.S. - Is there anyone working on a Debian package for NetBeans? I'd
like to work on one, or help with one if I could.