Re: Empty files in pbuilder chroot

Le jeudi 06 juillet 2006 à 17:13 +0200, Thibaut Paumard a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to set up pbuilder, but I end up with empty files (0 size,
> access rights set to a-rwx). In particular, cc is empty. When running
> pbuilder build, ldconfig complains about many libraries that are also
> empty.
>
> Any idea where it comes from?

Hello,

After some investigations, I have realised that this is an issue related
to how tar deals with symlinks (see #255067, #329843). These problems
would apparently appear if tar terminates abnormally or is interrupted
before it has finished "converting" the links.

Does this look like a bug in pbuilder, or rather in tar? Since tar seems
to have had issues of late, should I wait for a while before filling a
bug report?

Cheers, Thibaut.