Re: use of xvfb-run in pbuilder builds

On Mon, 3 Jul 2006, Justin Pryzby wrote:

On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 02:43:50PM -0500, Carlo Segre wrote:

I am trying to use xvfb-run to permit pbuilder to build some packages
which need to connect to X.
If you're aiming to get the package uploaded, this isn't allowed.  You
can't assume an X11 environment, or a network connection, or any such
thing.

For the Perl package, I can (and have) disabled the testing for the Debian package. For the python package, it is much more difficult. I thought that xvfb was precisely the tool for this.

But if you just want an easy X11 chroot, and you already have a
pbuilder chroot, see:
 http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/diary/200601.html.en

I'll look at this.  Thanks.

Carlo