Re: RFC: quilt-el

On Sun, 2006-07-02 at 16:28 +0200, Soren Hansen wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 02, 2006 at 11:18:39PM +0900, Satoru Takeuchi wrote:
> > 1. package stable release version
> > 2. package developing version and don't apply any extra patches
> > 3. package developing version and apply bug fix patch
> > 4. wait for upstream to apply bug fix patch and release stable release
> > 5. something else...
> The stable version has many bugs in it, so (1) seems pointless.
> If you go with (3), you will probably get a bug report, possibly with a
> patch attached, and you would then proceed to actually do (2).
> If upstream is as dead as you imply (4) will be a looong time in the
> future.
> If you have too much time, you can take over or fork upstream and apply
> any fixes you want and then package that. If you do not have time for
> this, I would go for (2).
Soren: I believe you've mixed the numbers saying (2) instead of (3) and
vice versa in your whole post. If not I disagree with you.

Satoru: So go with (3), and have the fix as a Debian specific patch for
now. If upstream is dead and noone is willing to take over you might
consider not packaging it at all.

Best regards

Please do not send any email to ben-ml@gmx.net -- all email not
originating from the mailing list will be deleted. Use the reply to
address instead.