Re: bug got stuck in "Fixed and Pending"? How comes?

Hi Thijs,

Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> Hello Harald,
>
>> http://packages.qa.debian.org/b/blockade.html shows that
>> bug #346938 is set to "Fixed and Pending" :-{. This
>> bug was fixed more that 6 months ago, so what is the
>> BTS waiting for?
>
> The upload that fixed the bug, 20041028-9, contained these fields:
> | Maintainer: Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt <he@debian.org>
> | Changed-By: Harald Dunkel <harald.dunkel@t-online.de>
> and thus, this is considered an NMU (the one uploading != the maintainer).

Blockade is one of the packages I created during the NM process.
I cannot upload anything yet, so Marc (my AM) did the upload,
too. We have (the one uploading == the maintainer) here.

Seems that "NMU" is pretty misleading. IMHO it should be called
"non-maintainer change" (NMC). For the bts it should not matter
who did the change (i.e. who is mentioned in changelog). My
suggestion would be to look at the identity of the person running
dput or similar. If this is the maintainer, then the bug could be
closed immediately without setting it to "fixed and pending".

> A fixed-in-NMU (tag 'fixed') bug is not closed. You need to close it
> separately. I see you have done that today. Good, that means that it's
> now considered closed, and the PTS will update later today to reflect
> that.
>
> One more note, you closed the bug with the message "This bug was fixed
> in version 20041028-9.". You should have added a "Version: 20041028-9"
> pseudo-header to your mail so the BTS version tracking handles this
> correctly.

Hopefully this was not a big problem? Or should I send another
EMail to the bts?

Regards

Harri