RFS: The bobcat library

Dear list / Debian Sponsors,

    I'm looking for a sponsor and advocate for my `Bobcat' library, which is
used by, e.g., my programs bisonc++ and stealth, subitted separately.  You'll
find the details about the Bobcat library below. Don't hesitate to contact me
if there are any questions or remarks related to the Bobcat library.

Packages:           libbobcat1, libbobcat1-dev
License:            Academic Free License
Location:           http://bobcat.sourceforge.net/
Short Description:  A library of C++ classes and templates
Current Version:    1.8.0

Long Description:

 Bobcat is an acronym of `Brokken's Own Base Classes And Templates'

 The (shared) Bobcat library contains classes and templates used by, e.g., the
 Stealth and Bisonc++ programs.

 The Bobcat library contains a variety of C++ classes and templates, some of
 them based on well-known Design Patterns (cf. Gamma et al. (1995)). The
 library offers classes handling, e.g.,
    Child Processes, Forks, Pipes and Redirection
    Command-to-Function associations
    Command-line arguments
    Configurable Context Wrapping (Templates)
    Configuration Files
    Extended String Operations
    Hash-tables
    File-descriptor baed streams, among which sockets
    Mail headers and mail filtering (milters)
    Pattern matching
    Reference Counting
    Single Key Input
    Syslog- and other kinds of messages
    Universal Type Conversions (Templates)

 The libbobcat1 packacke contains the shared libraries; the libbobcat1-dev
 package contains the static library and man-pages of all the library's
 classes and templates.

 The packages build lintian and linda clean.

About the author:

    dr. Frank B. Brokken is security manager and lecturer (C/C++) at the
University of Groningen, the Netherlands. Together with Karel Kubat he wrote
the program icmake (an article about icmake was published in the very first
issue of `The Linux Journal') and the pre-document language `Yodl'. Both
are available as Debian packages. Frank also wrote an published an extenstive
tutorial on C++, the C++ Annotations, which is found at
http://www.icce.rug.nl/documents/cplusplus. More information about his C++
course is found at http://www.icce.rug.nl/edu.

    In his spare time Frank is a professional flight instructor.

--
    Frank B. Brokken
    Computing Center, University of Groningen