Re: BTS question: how to mark bug if fix needs library update?

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006, Jari Aalto+mail.linux wrote:
> * Fri 2006-06-30 Sam Morris <sam AT robots.org.uk>
> > File a bug against library B requesting that the new upstream
> > release be packaged. Call that bug #987654. Then issue the
> > following BTS command:
> >
> >    block 123456 by 987654
> When 987654 is closed, will that automatically also close 123456?

No. [It's not clear to the BTS whether a blocked bug should be closed
when the blocking bug is closed, or it means that the blocked bug can
now be worked on; if this is a feature that would be useful, please
file a wishlist bug against debbugs with suggestions on how this would

>  Or should I subscribe to bug 987654 to get the notification?

Since you've submitted #987654, you'll know about its closure;
whether you subscribe to it or not is up to you.

Don Armstrong
"The trouble with you, Ibid" he said, "is that you think you're the
biggest bloody authority on everything"
 -- Terry Pratchet _Pyramids_ p146