Re: Build-depend on source of a debian package

Tim Dijkstra wrote:
A debian package I'm making has as part of its source a (almost)
verbatim copy of the source of a package that is already in debian. It
works perfectly like this and it's only 916K, but it feels a bit of a
waste to include it in the source package. I can't however build-depend on the source of another debian package,
can I? Should I ask for the other package to make an -dev package
containing the source? This also doesn't feel right, because it's not a
proper library... can make it into one of course...

Comments?
Can you reveal the name of that other source package? It sounds like it would be better if the package you're making were built from it instead.

--
Magnus Holmgren