Re: How to correctly patch without cdbs?

On 6/19/06, Justin Pryzby <justinpryzby@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> I'm sure I'm not doing it correctly.  How do you correctly apply .patch
> files without cdbs?
At this point you should probably learn to use dpkg v2 source
archives, which allow patches without "third party" patch applying
code (and build deps).

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/06/msg00010.html

dpatch uses a "patch patch" format, where the first column is all
pluses; they're really ugly.

Using the new format (which is only a presentation form) is orthogonal
to cdbs/dpatch/quit/simple patch sys usage. Although, I agree, having
a patch system emebedded in dpkg to become the official patch system
would have been a good thing, that is not what the thing is about.

--
Regards,
EddyP