Re: Homepage-field in description

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 12:11:32AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> I don't think any part of packages (description or separate field) are
> the correct place for the Homepage field.

Yes, that's because it's an unneeded duplication of what's already
present in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.  The description is meant to
convey information about where you can find useful things about the
package, not about where you can download a new version.

Of course, there may be cases where including the homepage may be
beneficial, but most of the time, it's nothing but adding visual
spam.  If the homepage contains nothing but a blurb and download
links, why would anyone need it in a description that is supposed to
be _short_?

Thus: shouting on people for "forgetting" the Homepage: field is
counterproductive IMHO.

--
1KB		// Microsoft corollary to Hanlon's razor:
		//	Never attribute to stupidity what can be