Re: How can I help Debian best?

* Christian Hütter (C_Huetter@web.de) [060613 10:17]:
> Now I'm completely unsure what to do in order to help Debian as good as
> I can:

My experience was that the best job was to start working on neglected
packages already inside of Debian, that are:
- RC bugs
- orphaned packages
- long-standing bugs
- bugs marked as help

> how much time is left for the actual development if you stay informed
> about all the policy changes etc.?

You don't need to stay informed about all policy changes etc, unless you
are in some few core positions. Otherwise, it is enough if you stay
informed of "your part", whatever that is - C, python, perl, ...

Basically, reading debian-devel-announce and the relevant mailing list(s)
should be enough.

Cheers,
Andi
--