Re: RFS: FSlint - File System lint

Christoph Haas wrote:
> Hi, Pádraig...
>
> you accidentally replies personally to me instead of sending a followup
> to the mailing list.

sorry.

> On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 12:06:33PM +0100, Pádraig Brady wrote:
>
>>build from the extracted tarball directly with:
>>
>>dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -tc
>>
>>How should I create this source package?
>

> I see now. You are the actual developer of fslint. Usually there is the
> (upstream) developer and a Debian developer is doing the packaging work.
> If the upstream provides a debian/ package that has caused a lot of
> trouble for me.

OK I can remove the upstream one when it gets integrated
in case there is any confusion.

> Usually there is just the upstream tarball and someone
> maintains the debian/ directory seperately. That way you can always see
> what special things have been done in the Debian package because a
> seperate diff.gz lists them.

OK. I presume one can have a blank debian directory?

> If you like to maintain the package yourself that'll probably not be a
> problem either. Just not very common.

I can do that. Even though I'm a debian newbie
the package is quite standard.

What do I need to do exactly?
As far as I can see you want me to provide:

fslint_2.15-1.dsc
fslint_2.15-1.orig.tar.gz
fslint_2.15-1.diff.gz

thank you,