Re: C Tutorial ?

At 1146961412 past the epoch, Roger Leigh wrote:
> Note that programming GTK+ in C is not "C programming",
> it's "GObject programming".  This requires that you know
> not only about how objects are implemented on a
> fundamental level by the C++ compiler (...), but how to
> re-implement these concepts in C.  And, in addition,
> several features from smalltalk such as properties.

I disagree here. You do not need to know about most of the
OO/C++ concepts you list in order to *use* GTK+, at least in
a superficial sense. Some of them (properties) are needed
for non-trivial programs, but low-level stuff like vtables
etc. are hidden from you quite well.

Certainly, you do not know how you might go about
implementing an OO abstraction layer in C, at least unless
you want to hack on GTK+ or glib/Gobject yourself.

--
Jon Dowland
http://alcopop.org/